How can I fix missing pages in my book?
We know missing pages and other connection related errors can be frustrating. Thankfully, nearly all connection problems can be quickly and easily resolved with just a few DIY troubleshooting steps!
- Check that you are connected to a fast, reliable wifi network. If webpages take longer than expected to load or time out, you may also experience trouble uploading your photos to SimplePrints. Try temporarily disconnecting any unused devices that may be connected, as these may be using up internet bandwidth even when asleep or while not actively being used. You may also need to reset your modem or router; if you're not sure how to do this or you are still having connection issues in general, try checking with your ISP for assistance.
- iCloud, social media, and other photo sources may need additional storage space on your device to download pics before our app can successfully upload them to our servers. We recommend you have at least 1GB available while using SimplePrints. You can back up photos and videos to iCloud or other cloud storage services and uninstall unnecessary apps to free up space if you need to.
- Try closing any unused apps running in the background on your device. These apps can use up RAM and may be tying up your internet bandwidth as well.
- Sometimes the connection to iCloud can become broken, which often causes issues with missing pages. You can reestablish your connection by logging out of iCloud and logging back in with the following steps:
- Go to the 'Photos' app on your device and open some of the photos that are currently showing as 'Failed to Save'.
- Turn your device off and then turn it back on. This should help to re-establish a connection with iCloud.
- Log out of iCloud and then log back in. You may get a message stating some photos and files may be removed from your device; these items are still stored in iCloud and will be reloaded onto your device once you log back in.
- Return to your project in the SimplePrints app and tap on the photos that failed to save.
- Photos that are very large may take extra time to save. If you are using very high resolution images, we recommend you try leaving the app open for around 5 minutes to allow extra time for upload. Be sure to keep your device "awake" during this time so the upload does not stall out again.
- Sometimes reinstalling the SimplePrints app is necessary to resolve a connection issue.
- Uninstall the SimplePrints app.
- Restart your device.
- Reinstall the SimplePrints app and log into your account.
- Any pages that were successfully saved will reload into the app once you log in. You may need to re-add any photos that had failed to save prior to uninstalling the app.
Usually, photos that fail to save will have an error message on them in the app stating “Failed to Save - Tap to Retry”; however, in some cases, images may appear fine in the app but have failed to save to our server. You can verify whether an image has successfully been saved to our server by using the web preview link - this is provided in your purchase confirmation email or may have been provided in an email from our support team.
If you're still having trouble, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at email@example.com for further assistance.